Starting a Small Business Series: Why You Absolutely Need a Website
I recently searched through 100 businesses in Burlington County, NJ, and 30 of them had no website. While these 30 companies were mentioned on the web in various directory listings, they have yet to establish their own unique online presence.
Does your company have a website? If not, does it need a website? The answer is YES! Whether you’ve just started as a sole-proprietor, or you’ve got dozens of employees, you need a website. Even if your product or service isn’t meant to be sold online, you can still profit from having a website. Why?
A well-designed website can:
- provide information about your company
- give details about your products or services
- attract new clients
- educate consumers
- create an online forum for communication and learning
- be an online marketplace
- reach a wider regional or international market
- be a portal
- create awareness
- provide testimonials
- offer discounts and specials
- receive, process and organize information
- take online appointments
- give a first impression
- convey your company’s personality and core values
- give you an edge over your competition
Can you think of any more? Leave a comment if you can think of more benefits to having a website. And spread the word with all the small business owners you meet! If you just started your business, it’s high time you began marketing your small business now.